Come join one of the Best Places To Work in Indiana! At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility. We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities.
Lead Financial Service Representatives are responsible for developing and maintaining professional relationships with customers while ensuring customer satisfaction on a daily basis. Key roles and responsibilities include account opening and maintenance, accurate and efficient transaction processing, creating a welcoming environment for customers and adhering to bank policies and procedures. This position knows what it takes to be successful in the banking industry, recognizes sales talent in others and nurtures and develops that talent and fulfills the daily branch operation responsibilities in the absence of management.
Classification: This position is a Full-Time non-exempt position who reports directly to the Branch Manager. Pay Grade 4.
Location(s): Howard or Hamilton County – Training will be in Kokomo, IN
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accepts cash, checks and other forms of payment from customers, as well as, processes deposits, withdrawals and cashes checks, while keeping deposit slips, checks and cash in order.
- Sound judgement in the ability to problem-solve within established policies and procedures, with the understanding, adherence and compliance of all state and federal regulations, laws and bank policy and procedures.
- Comfortable meeting with customers to open new personal and business depository accounts for new and existing customers in accordance with CIP and bank policies and procedures.
- Ability to recognize cues for sales opportunities, identify unexpressed needs and referral opportunities.
- Ensures paperwork is properly completed.
- Balances daily in accordance with bank established guidelines.
- Obtains comprehensive knowledge of filing Suspicious Activity Reports when deemed necessary and has thorough understanding of Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Ensures that the opening and closing procedures, (i.e. alarms, vault, balance ATM’s, night deposits, etc.) and end of day balancing of branch are completed and assists when necessary.
- Assist with daily, monthly, and quarterly operational and auditing functions and reporting.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing cash
- Utilizes CRM to track and manage customer interactions and s CSI News tile in order to stay current with updates in changes that will impact the bank and customers.
- Ability to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to learn and utilize new technologies.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Thorough knowledge of bank products and services.
- General knowledge of consumer loans and quoting rates.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must possess the ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Exhibit the ability to write simple correspondence.
- Demonstrate the capacity for completing tasks requiring a high level of attention to detail and able to meet balancing standards.
- Possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and take direction from supervisors as well as interact with co-workers.
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service and sales skills to include the use of tact and diplomacy in daily interaction with internal and external customers.
- Must possess the ability to apply mathematical concepts, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and bank operating systems to include new account and informational support programs
- Competence with computers, telephone, 10-key calculator and other office machinery.
Retail Banking Skills:
- Demonstrate sound judgement in the ability to problem-solve within established policies and procedures, with the understanding and compliance of all state and federal regulations and laws.
- Demonstrates knowledge in all governing regulations, especially Bank Secrecy Act requirements including: Currency Transaction Reports and monitoring and reporting as appropriate any suspected suspicious activity. Also, knowledge of Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Must be fully trained and functional in opening new accounts and related maintenance.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of bank products and services, cross-selling ability, and high level of attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of all new accounts functions and related documentation to include identity and entity verification.
- Able to understand and follow established Bank policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and mitigate new account risk to Bank.
Education & Experience:
- 3 years Banking experience with demonstrated sound decision-making capability.
- Minimum of 2 years of new account opening experience preferred with capacity for sales and cross-selling.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Bank Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Holiday Parties
CFB provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.