Come join one of the Best Places To Work in Indiana! At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility. We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities.
The Project Manager oversees high-priority projects, which often requires considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. This individual will manage multiple and often simultaneous initiatives from discovery through project completion.
Classification: This position is a Full-Time, Exempt position who reports to the Chief of Operations. Pay Grade 5.
Location: Downtown Branch, Kokomo, IN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates the efforts of team members and third-party vendors in order to deliver projects.
- Plan and manage projects according to project scope, within deadlines and budget.
- Responsible for managing mission critical, complex projects to deliver results within the authorized budget on the approved time schedule.
- Oversee all aspects of projects to include due diligence, initiation, planning, execution and closing stages; define project scope, objectives, requirements, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensure project scope and decisions tie the business line strategy to the Bank’s overall strategic plan.
- Lead sponsors, business line leaders and project lead through all phases of project management while ensuring proper documentation standards.
- Responsible for directing the assembly of project team(s), assigning responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Manages multiple cross-functional team projects to comply with cost, schedule and performance using established processes to meet project commitments.
- Manage all cross-functional aspects of the project to create the defined deliverables within the authorized budget on the approved time schedule.
- Work with sponsors and project leaders to develop business justification, cost estimates, project plans and schedules. Prepares and manages project budgets. Maintains and drives action items for the projects to ensure completion by the various team members.
- Manage and implement project changes/interventions to achieve completion; act as a liaison to expedite projects or problem resolution. Delegate and manage the tasks of the other functional core team members. Correct project resource issues such as performance problems or availability problems.
- Provide leadership to clear barriers to team progress, promote the good of the company, resolve conflicts within the team and outside the team and ensure the project goals and staff assignments are realistic and achievable.
- Coordinates risk mitigation actions to ensure project plans are protected and deliverables achieved on time and on budget.
- Serves as a mentor and source of expertise to project staff.
- Exercise independent judgement in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Apply the appropriate management techniques given project specific needs, risks and differences in core team member skill levels.
- Communicate regularly with business line managers, Executive Management, and other project stakeholders to appraise all regarding status of the project, issues impeding progress, earned value and recovery plans for off-track items/tasks.
- Manage vendor counterparts during the lifecycle of the project including sales teams, technical resources and project managers.
- Provide management assistance in developing sound project strategy; perform system and workflow analysis to improve productivity and to alleviate bottlenecks.
- Conduct project post implementation reviews.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Travel to other branches in Howard and Hamilton Indiana Counties may be required to carry out job duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate dedication to excellence by being accountable, determined, and positive.
- Actively contribute to CFB’s mission creating a welcoming, professional and customer service driven bank culture.
- Must possess solid leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Time management – meet and manage short deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work collaboratively and effectively either on own or as part of a team.
- Capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge and understanding of bank deposit operations, lending activities, and other related banking and compliance functions.
- Analytical, ability to assess risk.
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience leading high-level strategic and/or complex projects
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Bank Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Holiday Parties
CFB provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.