Come join one of the Best Places To Work in Indiana! At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility. We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities.
The Investment Advisor will be responsible for building your own practice by providing financial planning, financial advice, investment management service and guidance to your clients as they pursue their financial objectives and dreams.
Classification: This is a Full-Time Exempt position with a Base Salary plus Commissions and reports to the Head of Investments. Pay Grade 5.
Job Location(s): Hamilton County -Westfield/Noblesville, IN
Essential Functions for an Investment Advisor:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and maintain relationships with clients by earning trust, thoroughly understanding client needs, providing targeted advice, developing thoughtful solutions and delivering an exceptional client experience
- Attain and grow your own book of business
- Conduct investment reviews with clients to validate the clients' current investment objectives and prepare recommendations of appropriate investment products
- Consults on investment and insurance strategies, as well as the development of financial plans for clients
- Owns the client experience, efficiently handling sales and service, identifying sales and/or executing opportunities and making referrals
- Maintain positive relationships with internal departments and external customers; exemplify excellent service and responsiveness
- Able to execute trades smoothly and seamlessly and tasked with managing brokerage activity
- Presents sound financial recommendations and guidance to clients.
- Conducts operations within FINRA and other regulatory agency guidelines and requirements
- Ability to make presentations in a separate office with the appropriate FINRA signage
- Learn the LPL Client Works and Investment Department CRM systems
- Familiarity of eligible products including: securities transactions, insurance (Life, Annuity, Long-term Care, Disability/Health) transactions
- Applies product and procedural knowledge to solve client problems appropriately and efficiently
- Provide guidance to the LBE staff
- Maintain all necessary licenses and registrations as required
- Adheres to all applicable laws, regulations, policies and guidelines
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Experience – Ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
- Customer Retention – Knowledge of and ability to implement effective strategies and activities that promote long-term customer loyalty.
- Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- – Knowledge of prospecting principles, processes and skills; ability to identify and engage potential customers in the market. Build relationships and create opportunities. Plan, strategize and target the right industries. Create value propositions with impact.
- Sales Tasks and Activities – Knowledge of and the ability to sell an organization's products and services.
- College degree preferred but not required
- Licensed Requirements: Life and Health Insurance, SIE Exam, Series 7, Series 66
- 3 plus years of work experience; Financial Services industry strongly preferred
- Must have some familiarity with financial products and services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work with confidential information.
- Must be able to work both as part of a cohesive team and independently within set guidelines.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Bank Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Holiday Parties
CFB provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.