Come join one of the Best Places To Work in Indiana! At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility. We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities.
Objective: The Credit Officer is responsible for supporting the commercial banking team by utilizing necessary software to input financials, prepare cash flow, credit analysis reports, recommending new credit and extensions of credit through research and analysis of financial documents.
Classification: This is a Full-Time exempt position and reports to the Credit Manager.
Pay Grade 7.
Job Location: Howard County – Kokomo, IN
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare concise, quality and comprehensive credit analysis summaries on the following existing and prospective customers:
- Small businesses
- Commercial & Industrial
- Investment Real Estate
- Determines credit worthiness of applicants, also makes recommendations to Credit Manager.
- Conducts written reports after evaluating key decision factors for credit decisions.
- Work closely with Loan officers and Loan committees in developing optimum loan structure and risk mitigation by suggesting appropriate covenants and conditions.
- Communicate with lenders after developing questions and assessing the initial information provided by the borrower.
- Partner with Loan officers on conference calls and occasionally make site visits.
- Ability to use financial software to perform analysis of existing loan portfolios.
- Conduct monthly reports to present to the Board of Directors
- Assist with bank and client audits
- Financial Management
- Attention to detail/Thoroughness
- Customer/Client Focus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in commercial credit or related field.
- Minimum of five years' previous bank commercial loan underwriting experience.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough accounting knowledge with financial statements and tax returns.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, identify risks and draw conclusions.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills and attention-to-detail.
- Must be a goal oriented, deadline driven individual who possesses a high degree of professionalism, understanding the need for confidentiality.
CFB provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Bank Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Holiday Parties