At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility. We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities.
***Come join one of The Best Places To Work in Indiana for the past six years!
Responsible for managing the Branch Office in order to meet the financial services needs of customers in the assigned community market area; implementing strategies to achieve goals developed for the office as part of the Bank’s overall strategic plan.
Classification: This is a Full-Time Exempt position and reports to the Director of Retail Banking
Job Location: Hamilton County – Noblesville Branch
- Manages the Branch Office in order to meet the financial services needs of customers in the assigned community market area
- Works with management in establishing growth, sales, and profit objectives for the office; provides input to these objectives and to the manner in which performance will be measured and controlled.
- Ensures that the branch office is properly staffed and that the staff is trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives.
- Makes certain that all office operations are performed in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures, either directly or through appropriate supervisor, e.g., office balancing, control of vault cash, etc.; makes recommendations for changes/improvements as appropriate.
- Provides for the proper security, maintenance, and cleanliness of the office; supervises the opening and closing of the building and vault; makes necessary provisions for the securing and accounting of negotiable papers.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulations pertinent to branch office operations.
- Maintains records and prepares required monthly reports.
- Monitors overdrawn checking accounts and delinquencies.
- Communicates with other Bank departments to assist in answering questions and resolving issues.
- Makes certain that all customer service personnel are adequately trained both with respect to product knowledge and selling techniques.
- Ensures that all sales and customer service reporting information is provided on a timely basis.
- Conducts regularly scheduled (at least monthly) sales and customer service meetings; actively encourages staff to build customer relationships.
- Serves as an active member of the office customer service team and is held accountable for branch sales performance; refers customers to other Bank departments as appropriate.
- Interacts with senior management and other Bank officers to further expand existing customer relationships and develop new contacts.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Bank’s lending and credit policies and answers customer questions as appropriate; takes loan applications; approves or rejects loan applications within individual lending authority.
- Makes "outside" sales and customer service calls on present and prospective customers within the office's market area.
- Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the office as established in the Bank’s overall strategic plan.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements; ensures that the office and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Directly supervises and develops assigned personnel; hire, develop and coach new personnel.
- Reviews employee performance throughout the probationary period and on an ongoing basis thereafter.
- Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel and ensures proper branch staff levels to meet customer needs.
- Approves all assigned staff work time records (both exempt and non-exempt).
- Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the office and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by Bank policy.
- Communicates with the Retail Banking Manager, other office managers, and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities; attends required meetings as assigned.
- Provides periodic reports to the Retail Banking Manager and other groups as required throughout the Bank.
- Actively participates in community organizations and activities in a manner which reflects favorably on the Bank.
- Minimum of three (3) years of managerial experience.
- Communication skills: proficient in reading, writing, and mathematics. English preferred as primary language.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and sales skills
- Ability to use office machinery and equipment
- Ability to manage employees
Education/Training: B.S. or B.A. degree in related field preferred.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Holiday Parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.