Looking to join one of Best Places to Work in Indiana? Future advancement opportunities with a highly successful and growing bank.
Community First Bank of Indiana is an established central Indiana Community Bank seeking a Part-Time Bank Teller to provide exceptional customer service including efficient and accurate transaction processing.
Classification: This position is a Part-Time non-exempt position who reports directly to the Branch Manager
Location: Howard County., - Kokomo, IN
Essential Functions for a Part-Time Bank Teller:
- Accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings account withdrawals.
- Cash checks.
- Maintain an adequate cash drawer at all times; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary.
- Balance cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Process credit card cash advances.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing cash.
- Answer customer inquiries and refer customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Providing additional products including Cashier’s Checks, Personal Money Orders.
- Assist customers in accessing safety deposit boxes.
- May be responsible for bank opening and/or closing.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Promotes the bank’s products and services.
- Represent the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Mathematical skills.
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy.
- Competence with computers, telephone, 10-key calculator and other office machinery.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Previous teller experience preferred but not required.
- Wellness Program incentives
- Community Events
- PTO Benefits