Looking to join one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana? CFB has career growth possibilities, a culture that fosters a positive work environment, and focuses on community banking.
Reports To: VP, Chief Operating Officer
The Compliance Officer serves as the leader of Community First Bank of Indiana’s Compliance Department. The Compliance Officer is responsible for developing, implementing, administering, and maintaining all aspects of the bank’s Compliance Management System including but not limited to all deposit and loan regulations, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) regulations. This position ensures that all personnel comply with the guidelines and policies of various agencies including the Federal Reserve, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Indiana Department of Financial Institutions (DFI), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Compliance Officer is responsible for the following functions:
- Coordinates and oversees an effective BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance Program.
- Filing required BSA reports including CTRs and SARs.
- Ensuring the bank is adhering to and in compliance with BSA/AML/OFAC and all other federal and state regulations.
- Reviewing daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of accounts and investigating suspicious activity.
- Internal audits on deposit and lending activities including but not limited to BSA, CIP, consumer banking regulations, loan disclosures, HMDA, Flood Insurance, and Adverse Action Notices.
- Preparing reports and other items for the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, and internal, external, FDIC, or DFI audits/exams.
- Compliance review of existing and new product offerings.
- Marketing and advertisement compliance reviews.
- Maintenance of bank policy and procedure database.
- Training employees and Directors on all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Responding to garnishments, levies, subpoenas, and other legal inquiries.
- Review and investigate any fraud related incidents and interacting with law enforcement when appropriate.
- CRA Officer
- Security Officer
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel to other branches in Howard and Hamilton Indiana Counties may be required to carry out job duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of banking regulations, including BSA/AML, OFAC, and consumer and commercial deposit and lending regulations
- General knowledge and understanding of bank deposit operations, lending activities, and other related banking and compliance functions
- Ability to interact with customers, internal personnel, vendors, law enforcement, regulators, and auditors in a positive and professional manner
- Self-starter, works independently and collaboratively, detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, ability to assess risk
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving
- Time management – meet short deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient technology user
- Uphold confidentiality
- Highest degree of ethics
- Education – Associate’s Degree or higher.
- Experience – Five (5) or more years of similar or related experience. Teller, new accounts, consumer and commercial loan, deposit/loan/branch operations, and BSA/AML experience preferred. Strong banking or financial services industry background.
CRCM/CAMS certifications are beneficial, but not required.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Holiday Parties