At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility. We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities.
***Come join one of The Best Places To Work in Indiana for the past five years!
Objective: The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for developing new business, marketing, and originating residential mortgage loans to consumers.
Classification: This is a Full Time Base Salary plus Commission position and reports to the Mortgage Department Manager.
Job Location: Kokomo, IN - Howard County
Essential Functions for a Mortgage Lender:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position will build and maintain a strong network on internal and external referral sources and generate fee income according to budget.
- Assess and evaluate the credit worthiness of applicants to arrive at an independent recommendation on the origination and/or continuation of a credit relationship with the Bank.
- Participate in various community and business organizations and events to ensure CFB Mortgage Department is known in the community.
- Work with the Mortgage Loan Department to develop and utilize successful marketing strategies.
- Solicit new loan business from new customers and referral sources in a professional and effective manner.
- Provide a professional level of information and follow through while working on mortgage loans to ensure a positive experience for the customer. Maintain customer records in a manner that allows for routine contact.
- Participate in and closes loans with various local and if applicable government agencies in an efficient manner.
- Work closely with Loan Coordinators during the document preparation, processing, and check disbursal process.
- Maintain bank product knowledge in a manner that allows for qualified referrals to other bankers for establishing full banking relationships with mortgage customers.
- Maintain knowledge of compliance requirements for banking products and services.
- Handle all customer interactions and file records in compliance with bank policy, federal and state regulations and investor requirements.
- Assists in and responds to internal and external audits and reviews as requested.
- Assists in collections of past due loans assigned to portfolio in an effective and timely manner.
- Attend continuous training to stay on top of industry trends, developments and changes in regulatory laws.
- Ensures confidentiality of bank and customer service data throughout the life of the loans serviced.
- Maintain proficiency in using all applicable software to this position.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Communications Proficiency.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
4. Financial Management.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- One to two years of Lending experience required.
- Established relationships within the local community and in job-related organizations.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service experience to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and accuracy of work.
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Holiday Parties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.