Come join one of the Best Places To Work in Indiana! At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility. We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Bank Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Access to Earned Wages
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and 3 Float days
- Maternity/Paternity paid leave
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Community Service Projects
Commercial Lender is responsible for servicing existing and prospective customers producing a variety of commercial loans, while seeking new accounts through calling efforts, marketing, and referrals with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position represents the bank in the local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing all of the bank’s products and services.
Classification: This is a Full-Time exempt position and reports to the Commercial Loan Group Manager.
Job Location: Hamilton County
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor an existing commercial loan portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential problems.
- Source, develop and underwrite new construction, interim and permanent financing requests for new and existing customers.
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income and selling of all bank products and services.
- Conduct a daily review, approval and disposition of commercial overdrafts.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority with the bank as required.
- Support the bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
- Maintenance and development of an existing portfolio of approximately 100 commercial clients
- The ability to continue to grow loan and deposit relationships with existing customers
- Develop new loan and deposit business with prospective customers
- Evaluate, authorize, recommend and approve various types of commercial and commercial real estate loans
- Consult with borrowers and prospective borrowers to determine and recommend most beneficial structuring of loan requests
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Financial Management.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years of commercial lending experience.
- Strong credit skills and business development abilities
- Strong customer service and sales orientation
- Relationship management skills for key commercial, small business and personal relationships
- Organization & Multi-tasking skills
- Formal credit training
CFB provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.