**NEW BRANCH- NEW LOCATION: Come join one of the Best Places To Work in Indiana! We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities. At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Bank Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Access to Earned Wages
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and 3 Float days
- Maternity/Paternity paid leave
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Community Service Projects
Position Summary: A Lead Personal Banker is responsible for strengthen customer relationships with a defined sales process. Key roles include account opening and maintenance, accurate and efficient transaction processing, adhering to bank policies and procedures, engage customers in sales conversations in order to identify appropriate financial solutions. This position recognizes sales and fulfills the daily branch operation responsibilities in the absence of management.
Classification: This position is a Full-Time non-exempt position who reports directly to the Business Banking Center Manager.
Location(s): Marion County – Training will be in Kokomo, IN for two weeks
Essential Functions for Lead Teller: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accepts cash, checks and other forms of payment from customers, as well as, processes deposits, withdrawals and cashes checks, while keeping deposit slips, checks and cash in order.
- Acquires and deepens the branch customer base through variety of proactive sales and service activities.
- Sound judgement in the ability to problem-solve within established policies and procedures, with the understanding, adherence and compliance of all state and federal regulations, laws and bank policy and procedures.
- Drives proactive sales conversations through internal and outbound interactions with defined sales process including outbound calling, service to sales, teller interactions and/or by appointments.
- Comfortable meeting with customers to open new personal and business depository accounts for new and existing customers in accordance with CIP and bank policies and procedures.
- Ability to recognize cues for sales opportunities, identify unexpressed needs and referral opportunities.
- Applies product and procedural knowledge to identify, mitigate and solve customer problems effectively to drive customers loyalty.
- Ensures paperwork is properly completed.
- Balances daily in accordance with bank established guidelines.
- Obtains comprehensive knowledge of filing Suspicious Activity Reports when deemed necessary and has thorough understanding of Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Ensures that the opening and closing procedures, (i.e. alarms, vault, balance ATM’s, night deposits, etc.) and end of day balancing of branch are completed and assists when necessary.
- Assist with daily, monthly, and quarterly operational and auditing functions and reporting.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing cash
- Utilizes CRM to track and manage customer interactions and s CSI News tile in order to stay current with updates in changes that will impact the bank and customers.
- Ability to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to learn and utilize new technologies.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Thorough knowledge of bank products and services.
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service and sales skills to include the use of tact and diplomacy in daily interaction with internal and external customers.
- General knowledge of consumer loans and quoting rates.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrate sound judgement in the ability to problem-solve within established policies and procedures, with the understanding and compliance of all state and federal regulations and laws.
- Demonstrates knowledge in all governing regulations, especially Bank Secrecy Act requirements including: Currency Transaction Reports and monitoring and reporting as appropriate any suspected suspicious activity. Also, knowledge of Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Must be fully trained and functional in opening new accounts and related maintenance.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of bank products and services, cross-selling ability, and high level of attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of all new accounts functions and related documentation to include identity and entity verification.
- Able to understand and follow established Bank policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and mitigate new account risk to Bank.
Education & Experience:
- 3 years Banking experience with demonstrated sound decision-making capability.
- Minimum of 2 years of new account opening experience preferred with capacity for sales and cross-selling.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
CFB provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.