Come join one of the Best Places To Work in Indiana! At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility. We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities.
Position Summary: Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for assisting the Business Banking Center Manager with guiding branch office staff in providing quality service to customers, through sales and service of Bank products, and with the expectation of meeting or exceeding branch and individual goals.
Classification: This is a Full-Time Exempt position and reports to the Business Banking Center Manager.
Job Location: Marion County - North Indy
Essential Duties of Assistant Branch Manager: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comfortable meeting with clients to open new accounts; probe for products/services needs via in-depth communication
- Experience in processing account transactions, new accounts
- Ability to problem-solve within established policies and procedures, with the understanding and compliance of all state and federal regulations and laws.
- Experience in ensuring compliance with all governing regulations, especially Bank Secrecy Act requirements including: Currency Transaction Reports and monitoring and reporting as appropriate any suspected suspicious activity. Also, knowledge of Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Ability to recognize cues for sales opportunities and identify unexpressed need.
- Ability to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to accept change when required in performance of job responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and utilize new technologies.
- Good oral and written communication skills in handling both employee and customer relations.
- Make effective referrals to other Departments when appropriate
- Thorough knowledge of bank products and services.
- Assisting the Branch Manager to meet branch and individual sales goals.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff along with maintaining effective employee relations.
- Assist the Branch Manager in helping the tellers with sales, technical and people skills
- Ensure that Bank policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure adequate staffing for efficient branch operation.
- Be in compliance with Federal Banking laws and regulations
- Perform all job responsibilities with a positive approach at all times.
- Resolve customer problems that require a management-level decision.
- Advise Branch Manager of any department or branch office issues.
- In the absence of the Branch Manager have working knowledge of his/her responsibilities.
- Manage the security and safety of the branch. By having responsibility to adhere to security and safety policies and procedures, and to alert staff to any changes.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures, (i.e. alarms, vault, balance ATM’s, night deposits, etc.) and end of day balancing of branch are being completed and assisting when necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience or related experience required.
- Communication skills: proficient in reading, writing, and mathematics. English preferred as primary language.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and sales skills
- Ability to use office machinery and equipment
- Demonstrated success in a previous retail supervisory role preferred.
- High School Diploma, or GED equivalent
- Minimum of three years of related experience
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Bank Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Access to Earned Wages
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and 3 Float days
- Maternity/Paternity paid leave
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Community Service Projects
CFB provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.