Come join one of the Best Places To Work in Indiana! At Community First Bank of Indiana (CFB), new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our culture. Our core values are: Servant Leadership, Family, Client Focused, Community Involvement, and Integrity & Humility. We are a highly successful and growing bank that offers future advancement opportunities.
The SBA Lender position is responsible for generating, processing, and closing SBA-guaranteed loans for existing and prospective customers through calling efforts, marketing, and referrals. This position represents the bank in the local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing all of the bank’s products and services, though focusing primarily on small business loans.
Classification: This is a Full-Time exempt position and reports to the Chief Credit Officer.
Job Location: Howard and Hamilton County
Essential Functions of a SBA Lender: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor an existing SBA loan portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential problems.
- Source, develop and underwrite new SBA guaranteed loans for new and existing customers.
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income and referrals.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority with the bank as required.
- Work in conjunction with loan administration and our loan services provider to manage the due diligence, closing, and loan sales processes.
- Support the bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
- Assist in underwriting of SBA loans.
- Assist in ongoing SBA portfolio maintenance tasks.
- Work as a liaison for the bank with loan service providers and the Small Business Administration.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Financial Management.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of commercial SBA lending experience.
- Strong credit skills and business development abilities
- Strong customer service and sales orientation
- Relationship management skills for key commercial, small business and personal relationships
- Organization & Multi-tasking skills
- Formal credit training
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Bank Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (immediate accrual)
- Access to Earned Wages
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and 3 Float days
- Maternity/Paternity paid leave
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Community Service Projects
CFB provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.